Why Hard Truths?
Uncertainty. Vulnerability. Death. Hard truths have a secret power over us. We’d rather ignore them. Like a virus in our mental software, they operate on the seams that bind the rational and the emotional, and that’s where they trap us. By running away we become their slaves. Only by accepting them can we become free.
This book is an attempt to help you confront these realities of life. It catalogues some of the most universally known but universally resisted hard truths in a fun and engaging format. Like a pre-flight checklist, it will help you review these truths whenever you need to. Accepting them fully? That’s entirely up to you.
What’s In This Book
- 16 Hard Truths
- 16 Gorgeous Illustrations
- 48 Self-Evaluation Questions
- 17 Links to Relevant Books & Talks
How Do Different Versions Compare?
All versions have the same content, but please keep in mind:
- The Hardcover Edition is the only edition that has gorgeous full-page illustrations. It’s a square 8″ x 8″ format and each Truth is a two-page spread with illustration on the left and text on the right. Links from the book can be accessed here.
- The iBooks Edition contains Hi-Res illustrations as well as a more interactive feel.
- The PDF Edition is completely DRM-free, which means you can download it to all your devices. It also contains Hi-Res illustrations.
- The Kindle Edition will only look great on a Kindle Fire device. It also has a slightly lower resolution and a narrower layout than the other versions because of technical limitations.
Eran Dror is an Israeli-born writer, journalist, and designer who spent the past nine years in New York City. His writing can be found at: erandror.com
John Cox is an Illustrator, editorial cartoonist and oil painter who works in Atlanta, Georgia. His daily creative efforts can be found at: johncoxart.com